top of page
  • alicecrocker11

Support for the Homeless or Vulnerably Housed

Counselling works best as part of a wider social, physical and financial safety network. Here are some local and national services specialising in housing:

Housing Pathway Agency

The HPA enables people with mental health problems to access independent accommodation options. The HPA provides, up-to-date information on all aspects of independent accommodation, face-to-face appointments, personalised action plans focusing on pre-tenancy preparation and a landlord-to-tenant matching service.

01865 397961

The Gatehouse

A café for the homeless and other vulnerable people. Simple food, newspapers, internet access, clothes store, art club

(Wednesdays) and other informal support. We are a welcoming and accepting service, volunteer-led with professional

support. Open Mon-Fri, 5:00-7:00pm; Closed Sat; Open Sun, 3:00-5:00pm

01865 792999

Julian Housing

An 83-bed project for homeless men and women, there are 14 houses. Some houses are for particular groups, i.e. recovering drug users, people who have paid employment, most are generic houses with between 4 and 7 people in the house.

01865 201992

O'Hanlon House

A 56-bed project for homeless men and women. A limited day service is provided for rough sleepers, or very badly housed (i.e. boat, squat) 9.30-3.30. 7 days a week.

01865 304600

West Oxfordshire Single Homeless Pathway

Semi-independent housing, supporting vulnerable and excluded people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

Using a person-centred approach staff support clients to address issues regarding meaningful use of time and wellbeing.

Encouraging clients to realise their full potential and live independently in the future.

Council - 01993 861158 / Direct - 01993 775550

Oxford Street Population Outreach Team (Oxford SPOT)

Oxford SPOT is a seven-day-a-week service which helps people rough sleeping in the city by providing outreach, assessments and reconnection.

01865 304 611 / 604

The Outreach Team responds to referrals from many partners in the city - from members of the public to local businesses to people themselves rough sleeping. Referrals are made through the national StreetLink 24/7 phone line 0300 500 0914,

or via the StreetLink website

01865 304611/304604

Response Independent Housing

Providing furnished accommodation in shared houses and self-contained flats for people with mental health needs. Our Services include: intensive housing management, tenancy support (e.g. at tenancy sign-ups) welfare benefits advice, repairs & maintenance and basic housekeeping.

01865 397949

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Crisis Resources: Intimate Partner Violence

Here are some local and national services specialising in intimate partner violence: Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Helpline The Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Helpline can provide emotional support and pract


bottom of page